As you know, I pride myself on my excellent hygiene, both physical and mental. With routine zed extermination being such a part of our everyday lives, it takes extra care to wash the gore of the day off of us. Furthermore, since running water is a luxury of the past, it is even more critical to make sure you always smell sweet, as you never know when you might meet Mr. Right!
Miss E’s Handmade Soap Recipe
What You’ll Need
Raid your pantry (or a local drug store) for the following supplies:
1 pound of boring, unscented solid soap (that’s about 4 bars)
1 teaspoon of almond or olive oil
½ cup dairy/soymilk product
½ teaspoon of Vitamin E (liquid is better, but capsules should also service)
¼-1/2 cup berries or other fruit mixture, mashed
Wild card item – lavender, coconut, food coloring, sweet spices, whatever you want
How You Do It
1. Shred the soap bars using a cheese grater. Put in a large bowl.
2. Coat the shredded soap with the almond oil and the milk product.
3. Put bowl on top of saucepan filled with water. Now you have a double boiler!
4. Boil water; stirring soap mixture occasionally.
5. After 30 minutes add the Vitamin E.
6. After 45 minutes, turn your heat source off. Add the berries/fruit mixture and wildcard items. Be sure to mix!
7. Immediately pour into a desired mold.
8. After the soap hardens, take out of mold and let your soap cure for 3-4 weeks, just in time for your next bath!
While I’ve tried this recipe many times, my most successful batch was using canned pumpkin puree with ground cinnamon. These soap bars also make for excellent gifts should you be in the generous mood.
Thanks for sharing! Is the soy product a dried product? Anxious to try it with the pumpkin and cinnamon!